[vegan] Kaiserschmarrn- austrian shredded pancake


Grüß Gott!
After my last trip to Vienna in Austria I decided it would be a good idea to make a Austrian dish my next article. Lately I have gotten more interested in a plant based diet, so I thought this recipe could be a vegan one, just like my mille crêpes. I tested this recipe for the first time myself and while I don't hate it, I have some problems with it. Visually it reminds me strongly of the original Kaiserschmarrn, however it seems to be very dense and weak in flavour. Paired with my homemade plum compote it was okay to eat, but the dense and rather chewy texture didn't impress me to say the least. I would have loved a fluffy, shredded pancake- I guess I have some more experimenting to do!

The ingredients
After I soaked the raisins in fruit juice for 30 minutes, I prepared the pancake dough which was way too stiff! I used the right amount like said in the recipe tho. That and the already described outcome of the Kaiserschmarrn makes me think not to share the recipe since I do not recommend it. 

However the plum compote turned out nicely, which I free handed without using a recipe. I added halfs of plums, water and sugar into a pot and boiled it until it was very reduced and soft. Unexpectedly it turned into a bright red color.



I didn't hate the outcome overall but I wasn't pleased with it either. In the end a 2.5 out 5.

I thought it would still be important to share any fails since this is a honest baking learning blog.



Thanks for reading :) Greta♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[vegan] Mille crêpes- Pancake cake

A culinary trip to Austria and Hungary

~Autumn arrives~ Plant-based Cookies for Halloween