Macarons as a present~ 6 varieties in a box


 Making a macaron gift box

Since I was invited to a birthday party, I started thinking about what a original present would be, that pretty much anyone could enjoy. Food is always a good solution for that!

I was very inspired by the look of the Ladurée macaron boxes which pictures I saw wandering all over social media. So I simply made it all myself, and here's how.

The biggest part of all was the planning. At first it was time for planning the different flavors. I wanted to bring in lots of staples like chocolate, lemon and such. In the end I decided one the flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry Cheesecake, Lemon, Cookies 'n Cream, Birthday Funfetti Cake, Original (no special flavors added)
After deciding on the flavors and designs, I planned the box + design. Since I used a silicone baking mat which I was waiting to use for some time now, I could measure the size of the macarons. With that I was able to calculate the size I would need for my box and then decorated it with a personalized Ladurée logo for the birthday girl. 
I used a base batter for the macarons and the creme filling and altered it according to the different flavors.
The recipe I followed:
Macarons
120 g grounded almonds
2 Egg whites
a pinch of salt
150 g powdered sugar

Filling (buttercream)
125 g soft butter
187 g powdered sugar
30 ml milk
a pinch of salt

Then, I split the base and made them into the different macarons. For the chocolate I simply added pure cocoa powder to the batter and the frosting. This turned out not to be ideal tho, since it made the batter stiffer and harder. (you should substitute some of the almonds with the cocoa instead) For the Strawberry Cheesecake I dyed the batter pink and added a mix of cream cheese and seedless strawberry jam to the frosting. For the Lemon I made a yellow batter and added lemon flavoring to the frosting. Cookies n' Cream was made by topping the macaron shells with crushed oreos before baking and adding them to the frosting as well. In order to get Birthday Cake macarons I added sprinkles to the shells and frosting and gave the filling a pink color. And lastly for the Original macarons I left everything as it was and added splatters of blue and green food coloring before baking. 
Then it was time for wrapping up and Voila! It turned out to be a lovely present idea and not at all as difficult as I had imagined. 

Have a good productive day. ♥  Greta




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[vegan] Mille crêpes- Pancake cake

A culinary trip to Austria and Hungary

~Autumn arrives~ Plant-based Cookies for Halloween